In honor of the long holiday weekend and my 21st birthday coming up, I wanted to share some of best summer drinks for you all to try. Ranging from a twist in the classics, to something new and fun, there’s bound to be a drink for everyone.
- 1 bottle of pink Moscato
- 6 cups of liquid lemonade
- ¼ cups of strawberry vodka
- Frozen Strawberry Slices
- Lemon Slices
- Mix them all together in a large pitcher and enjoy!
Why do an orange juice mimosa when you can make one with watermelons?
- 1 small watermelon, peeled and cubed
(to yield about 6 cups watermelon cubes)
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (optional)
- 1 750ml bottle dry sparkling wine, chilled
Purée the watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the watermelon using a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Add the lime juice and, if desired, the agave nectar.
Mix the watermelon agua fresca with the champagne. Start with roughly equal parts of agua fresca to champagne, then tweak to your taste.
And finally, for all those summer birthday people out there, Birthday Cake Martini
- 1 oz. Amaretto
- 1 1/2 oz. Smirnoff Iced Cake Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. Coco Lopez
- 1 oz half & half
- Honey & rainbow sprinkles for the rim
1. Rim glass with honey then dip in rainbow sprinkles. *Best done by dipping glass in a plate of honey then a plate of sprinkles.
2. In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine Amaretto, Vodka, Coco Lopez and half & half. Shake until well chilled.
3. Strain into prepared martini glass and sip.
So whether you’re entertaining for 1 or 100, try these out and let us know how it goes. Although it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, please always remember to drink responsibly!
Have a great weekend!