The most important thing to remember when hosting this type of event is, if you are not going to do it right then don't do it at all! Be creative and work hard to be sure your event is successful and remembered by all.
Over the next 5 weeks, I will be posting a weekly update on How To: Host a Customer Appreciation Event. I will cover budget, the 5 W's, invitations & SWAG, additional tips, and event ideas!
First things first: Know Your Budget - and stick to it!
- Plan a GREAT party within your budget
- You want to host a great event for your customers, however, you do not want it to be at the expense of the overall well being of your company!
- Do not waste your time and energy on thinking up an elaborate shindig when your budget is minimal. This will only discourage you from wanting to host an event all together. Recognize the funds you have to spend and create a realistic plan (similar to how you create your annual marketing plan(s)).
- Still don't have the funds you wish you had? Consider partnering with another department and combine your funds.
- Co-hosting is a great way to increase the budget and introduce your customers to more of the company.
- Have a multiple events throughout the year
- A way to highlight 'larger' customers is to split your budget up into multiple events. This way you can allow for more specialized time to be spent with different customer levels.
- REMINDER: Do NOT forget the little guys - they are just as important in the livelihood of your company's success.
Stay tuned for next week's post: How To: Host a Customer Appreciation Event - The 5 W's