#1: How many weddings have you planned and/or coordinated in the past, excluding your own?
- Be cautious if a planner's answer is, 'We have planned and coordinated x-amount of 'events.' Even though the logistics of a wedding are similar to those of an elaborate 'event', it's actually an entirely different animal, so to speak. It's your BIG day, make sure you are putting it into the hands of an experienced wedding planner!
- Why excluding your own? Because planning someone else's wedding is completely different from planning your own!
- Simply Events has experience planning and coordinating 15 weddings since its inception in 2010!
- If a planner cannot provide you with a list of at least three reference, who are NOT friends and family, this raises a red flag if they are claiming to be a 'professional.'
- Simply Events owner, Catie Harris, has a reference list a mile long and her reviews are endless as well! Read some reviews now!
- If the wedding planner cannot firmly assure you that the images on his/her website are from weddings they have planned and/or coordinated, most likely they are not. If they are stock images, then you may want to steer clear because this is a sign they do not have the experience they claim to have.
- On the Simply Events website, every single picture is from a Simply Events wedding, corporate event, or social celebration!
- Alright. This question you will want to keep inside your own head!! But do not let this one carry any less weight than the other three. If you get the feeling from your first meeting that you will not get along or that you have different styles, then call it what it is and move on. Remember, you will be spending a lot of time with your wedding planner and that time will be stressful if you do not work well together. Being stressed around your wedding planner totally contradicts the purpose of a wedding planner!
- Do you want to see if you would get along with Catie? Contact her today for a complimentary consultation!
I hope this helps as you search for your perfect wedding planner!