My niece, Astella, is only 3 weeks younger than Grant so we are doubling the fun by combining parties and we have decided to do a Mickey & Minnie Mouse themed birthday party.
Our table centerpieces are going to be Minnie & Mickey Mouse heads.
- Two 5" Styrofoam balls ($3.99 each at Hobby Lobby)
- One 12" half Styrofoam ball ($9.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- Spool of ribbon
- Design Master glossy black spray paint ($7.49 at Michael's)
- Wooden dowel rods ($2.47 for a pack 30 at Hobby Lobby)
- Glue gun
- Vase with rocks
- Make sure you use a water based spray paint. If you use 'regular' spray paint, it will eat the styrofoam and become blistery.
- I used Design Master brand and it worked perfectly!
- Again, DO NOT use regular spray paint!
Take two dowel rods and stick them through the two 5" balls.
Spray paint the Styrofoam balls and let dry.
*You will need to do 2 - 3 coats of spray paint to get an even finished look. Let each coat dry before you do the next.
You can see here that I propped up the two 5" balls so that they could dry evenly. I just stuck the wooden dowel rods into a vase filled with rocks.
Stick the two 5" balls (which are now the ears) into the side of the 12" half ball.
Tie a bow with your ribbon and glue it onto the side right below the ear!
For more DIY party decor idea, contact us today!
Make sure you check back at the end of September for all the Minnie & Mickey decor that we will have at my son's 1st birthday party!
Don't forget to enter our giveaway!! You know you want to win an amazing bachelorette party planning package!! Click HERE to enter!