Monday, September 6, 2010

Birthday Party Bash!

WOW Factor Overlays!
This past Saturday my family, friends and I did the impossible - we surprised my mom for her 50th birthday! Believe me when I say that it took A LOT of planning and I LOVED every minute of it!

Since she was born in 1960 I decided to go with a "Flower Power" theme. So I rented these amazing linen overlays called Kaleidoscope.  These were the WOW factor decor element! Trust me, everyone was talking about them!

Beverage Station
I rented three 5' round tables, one 6' banquet table, and 30 chairs from Four Seasons Tent Rental. The rounds provided just enough seating for our guests in addition to my mom's patio furniture. The banquet table was the perfect size for our beverage station setup! 

Tracy Bellman of Tres Belle Cakes is brilliant and created this "Flower Power" theme cake. Its design and taste were perfect for this birthday bash! The top layer was lemon with a coconut filling and the bottom layer was a chocolate chip with raspberry filling.
Cake

To personalize the event, I created two picture boards with photos of my mom from when she was young! You can see these in the 'beverage station' photo above the table. I also added photos on the cake table. 

Centerpieces
I am a big fan of always using real flowers for events. So I bought these gerbera daisies and did a DIY floral arrangement! Now, I am no florist, but I think I pulled it off pretty well?! The weather on Saturday was perfect. However, we did get a few gusts of wind every now and then. So to keep the centerpieces from blowing over, I added decorative vase rocks to weigh them down. 
Use decorative rocks to weigh your centerpieces down

Overall, this was a very fun event to plan for!

To see other events done by Simply Events, visit our website! 

Planning a birthday party for a loved one? Call Catie for party planning assistance! 513-292-7294

Visit our blog later this week for a step by step guide on how linens can transform any event!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...